Statement of Purpose:
The F&B Manager is responsible for the front of the house operations of all areas of the Clubhouse and the Gazebo. They are responsible for ensuring the highest level of service expected in a private club to Members and their guests. The F&B Manager will assist with the hiring process, train and supervise subordinates. This position will have a strong focus on continuously training staff on menu knowledge, beverage program, and service, assuring that the wants and needs of Club Members and guests are consistently exceeded.
*Strong Bar experience preferred*
· Acknowledge, greet and thank Members and guests in all areas of the Club.
· Take an active role in service on a daily basis. Remain highly visible during lunch and dinner service hours.
· Lead the pre-service Daily Line-Up. Ensure it is effective and informative with all necessary staff.
· Establish high standards of service and implement training procedures to ensure excellent service.
· Work closely with Human Resources to interview and hire the best employees possible.
· Assure that effective training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
· Coordinate the activities of Front of the House and Back of the House leading to an exceptional service and culinary experience for the Members.
· Maintain a Food Bible and Beverage Bible for staff. In addition, develop other training materials as needed.
· Have a targeted focus on the Club’s beverage program. Work closely with the bar staff.
· Place beverage orders for all non-alcoholic, beer and liquor products.
· Inspect to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met.
· Address Member and guest complaints and advise the other Managers and the Director of Food and Beverage about appropriate corrective actions taken.
· Maximize food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events and by training staff on “up-selling.”
· Evaluate and supervise performance and dress codes. Carry out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with the Club’s policies, working with HR.
· Follow closing procedures including a thorough check out of service staff and grounds.
· Complete a daily manager’s report for the MOD of the next shift. Email end of shift reports to all pertinent staff. Maintain follow up reports for major events.
· Ability to understand Member needs and to deliver superior customer service.
· Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
· Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively.
· Ability to follow KBYC service standards.
· Basic computer skills and ability to learn a POS quickly.
· Able to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
· Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
· Listen and get clarification when necessary.
· Very good verbal and written communication skills in English is required.
· Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish is preferred. Verbal communication skills in other languages is a plus.
· Upbeat, outgoing and positive.
· Deliver same energy to all Members and employees.
Organized and Detailed Oriented
· Develop an inclusive culture in the Club and take measures to get staff buy in to notice all the details – from the care and maintenance of equipment and furniture to the placement of table top items.
· Use resources and time effectively by supporting their superiors and colleagues at all times.
Ethics and Values
· Maintain values and integrity; humble, respectful and honest.
· React well under pressure.
· Continually contribute to all colleagues’ success; maintain a positive attitude while at work.
Education & Certificates
· High School qualification or equivalent is required
· College degree in Hospitality Management is preferred
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Food Handling Certificate is a plus
· Management experience in Food and Beverage or a related field
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment in a hot climate.
· May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
· Ability to work long hours standing.
· Available to work late nights, holidays and long hours as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year