To commemorate World Oceans Day, a global celebration with hundreds of events around the world, Miami Seaquarium will be celebrating with a special, in-park event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The park will have games, music and five different stations where children can participate in hands-on activities and learn how to protect and conserve our oceans.
Pledge to be a reef ranger and receive a free child admission (ages 3-9) and up to four guests will receive 50% off. Download and fill out the park’s reef ranger certificate here and present it at the time of purchase to receive the free admission. This offer is only valid on June 8th. Not valid with any other discounts or annual pass purchase.
In efforts to inspire and educate guests about ocean and marine life conservation, the World Oceans Day celebration at the park will feature the following activities:
- Arts and Crafts: Join us for a hands-on craft session where you will make your own fish friend. We will make rainbow fish that hang from yarn as a new decoration for your room – it can even be a stylish necklace! Kids will cut them out, paint them with watercolors and choose their own yarn to hang them up.
- Experiments: Ocean spills are harmful to our environment. In this experiment station, kids will see how hard it is to clean up ocean oil spills. Kids will get their hands dirty by attempting to remove all the oil from a water-filled pan, which represents our ocean. We are supplying tin pans, sponges, cups and any other item that may help remove oil.
- Reef Rangers: Become a Reef Ranger by exploring our park and its remarkable inhabitants. This station will give kids a scavenger hunt packet where they will find fun-facts about our animals at the various Reef Ranger stations. Once they complete the packet, they can turn it into the gift shop where they will receive our official Reef Ranger Pin. Different animals from the Education Center will be brought out to this station for guests to interact with the animals.
- Rescue and Rehab: Miami Seaquarium is proud of its successful Rescue and Rehab program. Come out and learn how we save and care for injured manatees and sea turtles. We will have props available to demonstrate the problems these animals face in the wild and what we can do to help them.
- Protecting our Ocean: This station will specifically cover ongoing issues our ocean faces and how we can help resolve them. While having insightful information for guests, we also will have crossword puzzles, word searches and coloring pages that will help educate visitors on our ocean’s complex problems.